Like a car that needs tuning up every few months, your home will also need some regular TLC. Here’s Shawn Realty’s year-round monthly home maintenance checklist for 2023.
January is a great time to focus on making your home look and feel as great as possible. Here are our top tips for staying organized, clean, and in tip-top shape this month.
- Clean your range hood filter in boiling water and baking soda.
- Clean the cooling coils on your refrigerator to boost energy efficiency.
- Clean debris from your dryer vents and other air vents and filters.
- Now is an excellent time to declutter and dispose of items that no longer bring you joy or are no longer needed.
In the month of love, give your home some TLC. Get it ready for spring with Shawn Realty’s February Home Maintenance Checklist to help you stay on top of your chores.
- Vacuum the mattress and box springs. To extend the life of your mattress, rotate or flip it.
- To ensure that your sump pump is in good working order, have it cleaned and serviced.
- Deep clean your bathrooms to remove any mildew or mold that has accumulated over the winter.
- Clean garbage disposal.
Spring into action with our March home maintenance checklist!
- Clean air-conditioner filters.
- Power-wash windows and siding.
- Inspect roofing for damage.
- Have a professional inspect and pump the septic tank.
- Test carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.
Spring has sprung, and it’s time to give your home some love! Check out Shawn Realty’s April Home Maintenance Checklist for some useful tips on keeping your home in tip-top shape.
- Give your fridge and freezer a thorough cleaning
- Dust and vacuum vents and air ducts to improve indoor air quality
- Clean out your dryer vent to prevent fire hazards
- Clean and dispose of hazardous materials properly
Now that Portland is in full bloom, it might be time be time to pick up a broom! 🧹 Here’s our May Home Maintenance Checklist to help you get started.
- Inspect kitchen and bath fixtures. Check for leaks and recaulk or regrout counters.
- Check safety devices. Test smoke and carbon dioxide alarms and replace if needed.
- Give potted plants some TLC. Give indoor plants some spring sun after.
- Get ready for grilling season. Clean the barbecue station and the outdoor furniture to get ready for some backyard barbecue fun.
Now’s the time to update your first-aid kit and keep the rest of your home in order! Here’s the Shawn Realty Home Maintenance Checklist for June.
- Update the first-aid kit
- Inspect and repair outdoor play equipment
- Give your home a good dusting
- Remove mold and mildew on your home’s exterior
- Prune shrubs around AC unit
Summer’s here and so is our home maintenance checklist! Check and inspect these items to keep your home ready for summer! Here’s the Shawn Realty Home Maintenance Checklist for July.
- Clean windows and inspect window screen
- Check fences and repair or replace as needed
- Check the trees in your yard
- Inspect crawlspace under house
- Inspect and drain water heater
- Check the roof for any potential repairs